Thursday, March 23, 2017

One Pan Healthy Meals

As a college student, I know how exhausting it can be to come home after a long day on campus and still have to cook yourself dinner. The only thing more exhausting than that is knowing I still have to wash all of my dirty dishes after I eat dinner.

So I decided to research some recipes that are made using only one pan. For those of you who are as lazy as me, I know you will appreciate this recipe.

One Pan Recipe:

         Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 pound raw shrimp (I like 21-25 count size)
  • 1 pound asparagus
  • 3 tablespoon olive oil
  • Parmesan cheese for topping (about 1 ounce)
  • zest of one lemon
  • kosher salt
  • pepper
  • red pepper flakes



  • INSTRUCTIONS


    1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
    2. Remove woody ends of asparagus by bending each stalk until the end snaps off.
    3. Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil (1-2 tablespoons), season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
    4. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
    5. Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon zest, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Allow to marinade while asparagus is roasting.
    6. After asparagus is cooked but not quite done (10-15 minutes usually), carefully add the shrimp to the pan, arranging around the asparagus.
    7. Roast for about 5 more minutes, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
    8. Remove from oven and top with freshly grated parmesan.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment