Monday, February 27, 2017

Preparing Your Spring Break Body

Since spring break is next week for the students at the University of Florida, I decided to do an experiment hoping to get in shape before spring break. So, I tried a 3 day smoothie detox that I found on pinterest.

This 3 day detox consisted on 3 different smoothies a day for 3 days. To start out my day, I made breakfast smoothie that, in my opinion, was the best smoothie in the detox.

Breakfast Smoothie Recipe:

  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed
  • 1 cup raspberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup spinach 
  • 1 tbs almond butter
  • 2 tsp lemon juice

Lunch Smoothie Recipe:

  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 4 celery stalks
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1/2 green apple
  • 1/2 squeezed lime
  • 1 tbs melted coconut oil
  • 1 cup pineapple

The lunch smoothie was by far the worst tasting out of all the smoothies.

Dinner Smoothie Recipe:

  • 1 1/2 cups coconut water
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup mango
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed
Overall, the detox did make me feel healthy and gave my body a break from the harsh junk food I had perviously eaten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment