Monday, February 6, 2017

Yummy Recipe: Fish and Rice!


For the first recipe I am going to share with you, I choose a recipe that I sort of concocted on my own!

As you can see on the left, the dish I made included fish, specifically mahi mahi, yellow rice, and a side of vegetables. I did not get the recipe for this meal from any website, or recipe board. I put it together based on previous experiences cooking, and by watching my mother cook my whole life.

To start with the protein, I baked the mahi mahi in the oven on 425 degrees for 20 minutes. The only seasoning I put on the fish was a blackened fish seasoning because I love spicy food, so I wanted to spice it up a little bit! For the rice, I bought a box of Zatarain's Yellow Rice and followed the instructions on the side. (I know yellow rice isn't the healthiest; however, small proportions are key and as you can see I ate a small proportion of rice.)

I am a huge fan of onions, squash and zucchini together, so that is why I chose that for my other side dish. Publix Supermarket also makes it really easy to cook these vegetables because you can by pre-cut onions, squash and zucchini packaged altogether. To cook these vegetables, all I did was sauté them together on the stovetop over medium heat with butter and sprinkled garlic powder and everglades seasoning over them.

So there you have it! A simple and easy home-cooked meal that even college students can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment